Hi! My name is Betty and I am the Editor in Chief of The Kingdom Life Now. That’s a big title for a girl who grew up in a very small town in Upstate New York. In fact, when God told me to start an online women’s magazine I laughed and responded, “I’d love to, but I have no idea how to start an online women’s magazine. Need I remind you that I went to school to be a buyer/designer for a large department store?” As a teenager, I dreamed of traveling to cities known for fashion—Paris, London and Milan. I wanted to design haute couture fashions for women. I dreamed of being featured in W and Vogue for my amazingly brilliant designs. I didn’t want to edit the magazines; I wanted my designs to be pictured in them. Starting a magazine was never part of my 5, 10, or even 50 year plan! For goodness’ sake I need an editor to update my status on Facebook. But God had planted a seed in my heart and it began to grow until I found myself dreaming about being an editor of an online women’s magazine. A Kingdom Team Fortunately, the dream included some pretty amazing women. (It’s part of the way we were created. We rarely do anything without our girlfriends.) Stacy is an amazing operations guru. She feeds on organizing, researching, and figuring things out. Stacy is the backbone of the operations for the magazine. She often describes herself as a free spirit with a five-year plan. She won’t admit it, but I know she’s already writing a five-year business plan for us. Nichole is talented beyond belief. The creative genius behind the website is all her. She’s a computer whiz, talented musician (I’m sure she can even play the bagpipes), and she has an amazing voice. We’ll be posting some of her original stuff on the site for you to enjoy. We are also building a great group of people who will be sharing their own personal stories in every issue. None of us are experts, but we love to share stories about what God is doing in us and through us for The Kingdom. What to expect from The Kingdom Life Now We want to create a community of women (OK men are allowed in too) that are committed to seeing The Kingdom come to earth as it is in heaven. After all Jesus taught us to pray, “Our Father in Heaven, hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in Heaven.” (Matthew 6:9-10). Throughout His time with the disciples, Jesus taught them truths about The Kingdom of God coming to earth:
- It was happening then and it’s still happening now.
- It’s not something we have to wait until we die to experience.
- Believing The Kingdom is here on earth and is within us will radically transform our life.
- The Kingdom coming to earth means that we can be healed. All of us: body, soul, and spirit.
- Experiencing The Kingdom on earth sets us free from the wounds from the past. (In the coming months we’ll share our own stories of how that happened for us).
- The light of Jesus comes into the darkest places in our lives and we are made new—no longer defined by what we’ve done or what’s been done to us.
- The good news has come to earth.