Thank you for your interest in contributing to The Kingdom Life Now. We are honored that you want to share your Kingdom story with us. Since we are a brand new publication it’s an excellent place for you to grow as a writer, build your own online profile and be a part of a community that is focused on living the life that God intended us to live…NOW.
Since we are a non-profit magazine none of our staff or contributors receive compensation. However, we are happy to promote our contributor’s ministries.
We want to hear the stories that God has placed within you. Your journey of belonging and becoming may be the story that God uses to encourage another to begin her own pilgrimage of becoming who God created her to be.
Word Limit for Articles
We suggest that you keep it between 450-1250 words. Some stories need more words, so our word count can be flexible depending on each article.
We are looking for real life stories that are uplifting, encouraging, and transforming.
Our magazine includes content on: self-image, restoration, intimacy, love, health and fitness, home, and much more. All designed to show women (and a few men) how to live The Kingdom life now.
Editing and Publishing
Our goal is to produce a publication of the highest quality and to make all our contributors look good. Here are our editing guidelines.
- We want articles that are original in content written by you and not that of someone else.
- As a courtesy to our publication:
- Please do not publish your article in full on your blog and/or social media website(s).
- If you refer to your article on your blog or post an excerpt please share a link to The Kingdom Life Now. (http://thekingdomlifenow.com)
- Copyrights belong to the author, but we kindly ask you to avoid reposting your submitted articles on any other website or publication for three months from the date of publication on The Kingdom Life Now website.
- All contributions will be edited for correct grammar, spelling, and syntax.
- Occasionally, we will send an article back to the contributor to suggest additions, omissions and/or changes.
- Please refrain from submitting articles that are negative or demean others due to race, age, gender, sexual orientation, medical condition, religion, or church denomination.
Font: Times New Roman in 11pt font size.
Subheadings: Bold them so that they stand out.
Scripture references: Include translation with all scripture references and format in the following manner: “Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6, NASB).
Links: If you want to markup/provide a link and link text using HTML, please do so. Otherwise, include the URL in brackets within the prose, immediately after the text you’d like to use as the link text.
Images: you must own the copyright to any images you submit with your articles.
Include With Your Article
- A short bio: Your bio should be approximately 60 words and should include any personal social media links you would like shared with your article, as well as any other relevant web links you wish to display, such as your website or email.
- A bio photo: Jpg format. Preferably one of professional quality.
- Contact information: Provide your name, email, and phone number for us to contact you. This information is for our purposes only and will not be publicly displayed.
- Deadlines are strictly enforced.
- You will be given a draft due date. Please submit your article no later than the due date to ensure coordination of all articles for the edition.
- Please include all other requested items with your article to insure that your article information is complete and deadlines are met.
Example Ideas for Story Themes
Shaking up the world: We want stories of women who are making an impact for The Kingdom.
Between Friends: Stories that will encourage and inspire all of us.
My Story: We want to hear your story.
Encounters with God: We want to hear stories of amazing encounters you’ve experienced with your Creator.
Fitness/Wellness: Tell us how you take care of your body, soul, and spirit.
Belonging and Becoming: Understanding your identity and destiny. Living out your dreams and what the Father has planted in your heart.
Relationships: Marriage, parenting, family, and friends.
Globetrotters: Stories from women who are from different countries or cultures. Tales from women who spend more time on an airplane than on the ground. Experiences that you’ve had while in another country.
Kingdom Workers: Tell us about organizations that are really making an impact throughout the world for the Kingdom of God.
Teen Scene: We don’t believe in age limits. We want stories from girls and young women who have a zest for the Kingdom and who will inspire their peers to live the adventurous Jesus Freak life.
I’m not Martha: Not all of us have the ability to make a Christmas sweater from the lint in our dryer. But we know there are those who do. So make stuff and give us non-Marthas a tutorial on how to make it too.
- You will be notified when your article is going to be published.
- We reserve the right not to publish your article if we feel that it doesn’t represent our vision and values or meet the above stated guidelines.
- Please submit your article via our Contact Page on The Kingdom Life Now website.
For The Kingdom Life Now-
Editor in Chief